As the coordinator for the TEDCO Builder Fund, you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on executive meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs, executives, and investors in Maryland, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Builder Fund social events with the founders and the local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the world.
* This is a grant-funded position and is subject to TEDCO receiving a federal award
General Job Description'
This role is responsible for the administrative duties and operational execution throughout the duration of a Builder Fund Bloc or cohort which are 6 months long. Logistics experience, as well as familiarity with the early stage startup ecosystem, is preferred. A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems is a must. This role is a temporary, part-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with TEDCO Builder Fund founders and plan activities, meetings and events that drive them toward success
- Coordinate the scheduling of executive c-suite, corporate partners, founders, and others
- Follow best practices and execute upon outlined content of the program
- Event planning (meetings with executives, guest speakers, community events, etc.)
- Represent TEDCO in local community, both actively and passively
- Provide and glean insights through benchmarking approaches and best of class practices in the start-up space
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years in fast-paced project or program management focused position
- Strong interest in the discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital. Interest in an operational or programmatic role in this area is also valued.
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Experience in event planning and event logistics
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Currently live in Maryland or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program
Applicants should send a resume and one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org