COLUMBIA, Md. (October 11, 2018)—TEDCO, Maryland’s economic engine for technology companies, announced today the companies presenting at the Seed Portfolio Showcase at the 2018 Entrepreneur Expo and Stem Cell Symposium on Tuesday, October 30 at The Hotel at The University of Maryland. These companies represent some of Maryland’s leading technologies and developments and will be featured throughout TEDCO’s day-long expo. Kicking off the event will be keynote speakers Steve Case, chairman and CEO of Revolution LLC, and Freeman A. Hrabowski, III, President of University of Maryland - Baltimore County.
“The Seed Showcase at TEDCO’s Expo provides these companies the spotlight and opportunity to get in front of key individuals,” said Frank Glover, lead director of TEDCO's Seed Fund. “The right resources and connections are not always easily accessible, and we want to be a platform that can help take companies to the next level.”
TEDCO’s annual Entrepreneur Expo and Symposium was established to honor entrepreneurship in the region by bringing together Maryland’s various entrepreneurial resources for a day of celebration. The Expo draws more than 800 of the region’s top entrepreneurs, business owners, angel and venture capital investors, and legislators. The event offers workshops, roundtable discussions and company exhibitions—each featuring resources to help entrepreneurs learn, connect and be inspired.
“This year’s Expo will be an invaluable experience for the attending entrepreneurs, investors, and the like,” said George Davis, Chief Executive Officer of TEDCO. “The presenting companies are true representations of what we foster here at TEDCO.”
The presenting companies and executives include:
- CoverMyTest, CEO Andrew Mignatti: CoverMyTest provides a Software as a Service platform for lab providers to determine when a Prior Authorization (PA) is necessary, performing both the eligibility checks on patients and providing electronic PAs.
- Insightin Health, CEO Enam Noor: Insightin Health's data-driven decision-making platform provides health plans with improved membership, minimized churn, and increased measure adherence.
- Racktop Systems, CEO Eric Bednash: Racktop has developed a management platform designed to store, protect, and utilize data. The company's platform integrates intelligence and automation directly into the storage system.
- LifeSprout, Founder Dr. Sashank Reddy: LifeSprout is developing the next-generation of synthetic soft tissue substitutes for aesthetic and reconstructive medicine. The company’s proprietary platform is expected to have wide applicability to patients with traumatic, oncologic, or aging-related soft tissue losses.
- Theraly Fibrosis, Founder Seulki Lee: Theraly Fibrosis is a pre-clinical stage biotechnology company that focuses on therapies that suppress the fibrotic disease progression.
- Bandura Systems, CEO Chris Fedde: Bandura is a next-generation, software-defined threat intelligence gateway that automates feeds and prevention, drops seamlessly into existing networks, and massively filters what is exposed on an enterprise's network.
- Whitebox, CEO Rob Wray: Whitebox is a software, services, and logistics platform that partners with brands to serve as their outsourced e-commerce department or to fill gaps in their internal teams.
- QxBranch, CEO Michael Brett: QxBranch’s Analytics as a Service platform conducts a comprehensive initial assessment to convert data gathering into real-time insight and develops analysis tools to generate and evolve this information monthly. This enables finance, insurance, aerospace, and security customers to react quickly to changes in customer behavior, market in dynamic systems, and eliminate emerging unnecessary costs.
- Cerebro Capital, CEO Matt Bjonerud: Cerebro Capital is financial modeling software for commercial borrowers and lenders to bid, aggregate, and analyze credit facilities metrics.
- Syncurity, President and CEO John Jolly: Syncurity is a Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response platform that is delivered and made operational in hours—providing a tightly integrated alert and incident response workflow that speeds response and solidifies operational process.
- TrackOFF, CEO Chandler Givens: TrackOFF develops a digital fingerprint-based consumer security software created to protect people from hackers, trackers, and identity thieves online.
For more information about TEDCO’s 2018 Entrepreneur Expo and Stem Cell Symposium and to register, visit: https://expo.tedco.md.