TEDCO, Maryland’s economic engine for technology and life science companies, recently released its 25th episode of its virtual series with CEO Troy LeMaile-Stovall called TEDCO Talks. LeMaile-Stovall joined TEDCO on Sept. 7, 2021. The series features him interviewing various thought leaders with connections to Maryland’s innovation ecosystem.
“I’ve enjoyed getting to know, and for some reconnecting, each and every one of these innovative thought leaders within my first year as TEDCO’s CEO,” said LeMaile-Stovall. “With so many relevant initiatives and resources being offered throughout our region, we must work together to scale and sew our funding and foundations to better serve the entire entrepreneurial community.”
Visualize an East Coast location bordering the nation’s capital, with leading innovators and robust transportation – yes, that is Maryland. And it’s a great place to live, with a diverse population, one of the countries’ leading school systems, first-rate health care services, and a range of world-class attractions and activities.
“As director of economic development for Calvert County, I welcome opportunities to not only promote the state and the county as a great place to do business, but also encourage, inspire and educate entrepreneurs about the various supportive resources available to them,” stated Kelly Robertson-Slagle. “The TEDCO Talks ‘fireside chat’ format offered a creative and fun way to do just that. Thank you to Troy for the opportunity to participate in this exciting initiative.”
Did you know that Maryland is one of the most highly educated states, with nearly 40 percent of Marylanders holding a bachelor’s degree or higher? * Businesses across the state rely on Maryland’s outstanding schools to generate workers who excel. So, if a company’s plan involves hiring intelligent, competent employees, they’ve come to the right place and they’ll learn more of “Why Maryland” from TEDCO Talks guests.
"It's great that TEDCO is offering a series in which Troy is having conversations with entrepreneurs and thought leaders in Maryland,” said Claire Broido Johnson, managing director, Maryland Momentum Fund. “While, of course, it would be more fun in person, I'm excited to see and hear from more people across the community and learn about all of the opportunities that are brewing in Maryland."
TEDCO Talks covers a full range of topics, such as advice to small businesses dealing with COVID-19; available funding programs and benefits; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and more.
“There are a lot of great people and resources committed to help build this ecosystem and support the success of entrepreneurs,” said Chris Frew, CEO of Workforce Genetics and founder of BioBuzz Media. “It becomes a lot easier when we know each other’s stories and can support one another’s efforts. TEDCO Talks has become a great platform for Troy and the TEDCO team to bring us all closer together.”
In these engaging discussions, LeMaile-Stovall has interviewed leaders from a variety of organizations – including county economic development corporations, business chambers, higher education, and technology councils – about the emerging trends, challenges, and opportunities facing our region.
Featured TEDCO Talks guests have included:
- Laura Gamble, PNC Bank
- Tom Barkin, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
- Tony Cord, Newport LLC
- Sally Allain, JLABS @ Washington, D.C.
- Mary Beth Tung, Maryland Energy Administration
- Shelonda Stokes, Downtown Partnership of Baltimore
- Kelly Robertson-Slagle, Calvert County Economic Development
- President David Wilson, Morgan State University
- Amy Millman, Springboard Enterprises
- Christy Wyskiel, Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures
- Phil Singerman, TEDCO’s first executive director
- Don Fry, Greater Baltimore Committee
- Chris Frew, BioBuzz and Workforce Genetics
- Julie Lenzer, University of Maryland, College Park
- Claire Broido Johnson, Maryland Momentum Fund
- Michele Whelley, Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore
- Chancellor Jay Perman, University System of Maryland
- Christine Ross, Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Rich Bendis, BioHealth Innovation
- Elizabeth Cho-Fertikh, MEDA Angels
- Renee Winsky, Leadership Maryland
- Marty Rosendale, Maryland Tech Council
- Kelly Schulz, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Ben Birge, Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation
- Ben Wu, Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation
New TEDCO Talks episodes are regularly added on the YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/MDTEDCO, so check frequently for updates.
*According to TEDCO
Source: Maryland Inno